Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A great snowy morning surprise!

My daughter has been off of school for the past two days because of her teacher's professional development days.  But, even though she's off school, that doesn't mean that I get off of working.  While trying to make as much new jewelry as I can, to post on etsy and put in the shop, my bff, Patty, sent me a chat to say that "they're dropping like flies" at her work, did you get your flu shot yet?  Ewe.  The thought of a shot, of any kind, leaves me dizzy.  Childhood trauma stuff.  No fun.

So I sucked it up and told my little chickie that we have to get our flu shots today.  We'll treat ourselves to some goodies afterward, I promise!  I researched where we could go on the fly and found out that our local Target store has a clinic and they give flu shots.  On the way over, we bantered back and forth which one of us would go first. We never did come up with a winner. 

Luckily for us, we both were eligible for the flu mist. No shot! Wheeee! We were both so darned happy!  We treated ourselves anyway. Actually, she treated herself to a new Wii game, with her own money.  I decided to get socks. Yee haw.

So, long story short, yesterday we decided to go book shopping.  But not until after I photographed all the work that I created in the last two days.  While in the bookstore I took a close, real close, look at my kid and noticed that she didn't look so good.  When I asked her, she said "yeah, my throat is a little weird."  She's so darned stoic!  When we got home she had a fever, stomach ache and sore throat.  The flu?  Ugh.

Anyway, I gave her some motrin, fed her soup and put her to bed.  Now it's super early in the morning and we here in Balitmore received more snow than expected and schools are closed.  With more to come.  Hopefully, the little chickie will feel better once she gets up.  And, hopefully, my husband won't have to drive his horrible commute to work.

For me, I started with a sore throat as well and couldn't sleep.  Woke up at 5am (luckily, I love early mornings) and found out that I got in a treasury that I didn't know about.  What a lovely surprise!  I'm hoping that I can properly show it here - I'm still learning all of this.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment