Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rising from obscurity

Why does one write a blog? And why do people follow?

I started a blog because I was told it would help my business.  I'm not a writer. I'm a visual artist who primarily makes jewelry.  I have a brick and mortar shop in northeast Baltimore City, an area called Lauraville.  This is the start of my second year in this location.  My goal in writing this blog (at least my present goal) is to help my little store rise out of obscurity in Baltimore, which means sharing the joys and craziness of owning a store. 

This is also my personal experiment in getting my store seen by the local media (Baltimore Magazine, Style Magazine) as well as any other form of Maryland media w/out selling my soul, or liver or other vital organ.

So, please excuse the grammatical errors. There will be many. 

Okay, here we go!

Daily good news: 

1)  I sold a necklace off of Etsy last night - yay! I hope the recipient loves it!
2)  I've gotten into another Etsy Treasury!  (I'm secretly collecting these like trading cards!)

No comments:

Post a Comment